Sunday, February 16, 2014

2 months postpartum


I was cleared for exercise a little over a week ago, which is just about when my pain finally disappeared for good.  It was a long recovery.  It's easy once again to walk many miles (even carrying Silas), although my fitness is not what it was right before delivery.  My goals now are to work on regaining some abdominal tone and to start running and swimming again when I can.  Running may have to wait a little longer because Silas isn't old enough to come with me in the jogging stroller.  (He can be in the stroller, just not while I'm actually jogging.)  I've been swimming once so far - my first trip back to the gym.  

I delivered 1 day shy of 42 weeks pregnant, having gained 32 pounds.  I lost 22 pounds in the first week postpartum.  I'm not sure how much I lost right after delivery because I didn't weight myself until the end of the first week, but after delivery I think most of the weight loss was from intense night sweats.

Since the first week I have lost 4 of the remaining 10 pounds, so I am 6 pounds above my pre-pregnancy weight.  I'm fine with that.  Thanks to genetics I didn't get any stretch marks (thanks Mom!).  My belly button looks completely different and I still have my linea nigra ("racing stripe") and, of course, a couple of pounds of belly fat.  

1 comment:

Silas at 3: the end of infancy and toddlerhood

Stats: 36.5 inches, 30 pounds.  Rather on the short side; guess my genes kicked in. "In conclusion, age three is a land of contrasts....