Saturday, February 1, 2014

The next day

Just to keep it real, I should report that two days after his perfectly perfect angelic day..... Silas woke up hungry - not just fussy, but he actually hungry - every 90 minutes last night after an initial 2.5-hour stretch.  I spent half the night nursing!  This morning, when I finally staggered into the kitchen, I prepared myself honey toast and a perfectly fried egg with some nice cheddar.  I poured myself a mix of 3 juices and I was really looking forward to nice food.  I sat down groggily on the couch, and spilled my entire breakfast onto the rug, face-down, and burst into tears.

To his credit, Silas was an incredibly winsome companion all afternoon.  We had friends over and Silas smiled at them, entertained himself at his baby gym, sat on our laps and looked on while we played a game, and generally made things very easy on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silas at 3: the end of infancy and toddlerhood

Stats: 36.5 inches, 30 pounds.  Rather on the short side; guess my genes kicked in. "In conclusion, age three is a land of contrasts....