Friday, February 14, 2014

Better

I got 6 hours of sleep last night, all before 1 AM and my schedule is totally screwed up, but 6 hours is so dramatically better than 2.5 that I feel like a totally different person. Now if I can just get a few more tonight...

Silas took several peaceful naps today and I was recovered enough to actually enjoy his adorableness again.

Uncharacteristically (in a good way) I actually emailed 4 friends saying I needed encouragement, and they responded with encouragement and it really helps. And I chatted with a new friend via text, which was unexpectedly helpful and made me glad I overcame my introverted tendencies enough to say hello.

I also spent a lot of time thinking that I must be unusually bad at handling this and I really shouldn't be asking for help because many people have it worse and DON'T get help, but when I realized that I literally forgot to eat all day yesterday I decided I was past having too much pride to ask for help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silas at 3: the end of infancy and toddlerhood

Stats: 36.5 inches, 30 pounds.  Rather on the short side; guess my genes kicked in. "In conclusion, age three is a land of contrasts....